Like this trip? Why not share it;
Experience Tibet – Group Tour
10-night Tibet small-group tour, overland to Kathmandu
– See beautiful Tibet – the ‘Roof of the World’
– Meet gentle Tibetan people and learn their culture (and cuisine!)
– See the Dalai Lama’s Summer Palace, and Mt. Everest
– Travel overland through the incredible Himalayas, to Kathmandu
– Join a small group, with experienced guides and comfortable hotels
Ready for a quote? Get in touch now!
* Per-person price guideline based on 2 people sharing services
For centuries, Tibet was almost inaccessible to foreign travellers, leaving its unique culture and beautiful landscape undiscovered and undisturbed. This small-group tour gives you the chance to see what the world has been missing, and it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
You’ll travel from the ancient capital city of Lhasa, through the stunning Himalayas, and over the Nepalese border to Kathmandu. Along the way, you’ll experience the serene Buddhist culture, learn about the lives of today’s Tibetan people, travel through spectacular mountain passes and see the famous Everest Base Camp in Nepal.
Days 1 – Arrive in Lhasa
Your tour starts in Lhasa – capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region. You’ll be picked up from the airport or train station by your guide, ready to meet your group and check-in at your comfortable hotel near the centre of the city.
Need some help getting to Lhasa? Get in touch with the Travel Nepal team for advice and help with flights and visas.
Days 2-4 – Lhasa
For more than a thousand years, this fascinating city has been the centre of the Tibetan Buddhist world. You’ll spend a few days here, giving you time to acclimatise to the altitude, and to explore city’s many charms.
Whilst large areas of Lhasa have been modernised, the Tibetan old town remains largely the same as it has for centuries, and it is here where many travellers first fall in love with Tibet.
Along with your local guide, you’ll see the stunning Potala Palace, which overlooks the Holy City and was formerly the winder palace of the Dalai Lama, watch pilgrims circle the Jokhang Temple and see monks debating in Sera Monastery.
You’ll also have plenty of time to get to know Lhasa independently, and of course taste some authentic Tibetan cuisine.
Day 5 – Gyantse
Leaving early, you’ll set of by private vehicle to Gyantse – and ancient trading town and home to the imposing Gyantse Fortress. The drive is long but memorable, taking you over mountain passes above 5000m, and past the shores of the bright turquoise lake and Yamdrok Tso.
Day 6 – Shigatse
Today you’ll have the chance to visit the famous Pelkor Chode Monastery, before heading east to the city of Shigatse. Here you can visit the Tashi Lhunpo Monastery, home to the Panchen Lama, and enjoy some free time to explore the city.
Day 7 – Shegar
Today’s journey takes you to Sakya Monastery – one of the oldest in Tibet – and onward to the high-altitude town of Shegar. This is the last town before you begin the approach to Everest.
Day 8 – Rombuk
You’ll continue through the mountains to Rombuk. From here you can visit the beautiful Qomolongma National Park and see the Rombuk Glacier, all in the shadow of nearby Mount Everest.
Day 9 – Lower Kyrong
This morning you’ll travel to the viewing point below Everest Base Camp, from where you’ll be able to take in the awe-inspiring views of the world’s highest mountain. You’ll continue to Lower Kyrong, where you’ll spend your final night in Tibet.
Day 10 – Trishuli
After completing border formalities in Rasuwa, you’ll cross into Nepal and drive to Trishuli. You’ll spend the final evening of your trip in a comfortable hotel overlooking the river, where you can celebrate with your group.
Day 11 – Kathmandu
After breakfast, you’ll take the short drive to Kathmandu, where your Tibet tour comes to an end.
If you need somewhere to stay, or are planning on spending some extra time in Nepal, then you can speak to the Travel Nepal team who’ll be able to help you with bookings and advice.
- Airport or Train Station Transfer (01 time only) – if pax arriving at airport or train station at different times then mentioned, additional arrival transfer will be charged
- English Speaking Guide
- Comfortable Hotel Accommodation twin sharing basis (accommodation in Rombuk is basic)
- Breakfast in Hotel in Lhasa and Hotel in Trishuli
- Private transportation as per group size in Tibet
- Entry fees – Yamdrok Tso, Karo La, Everest National Park
- Bus Transportation fee at Everest National Park
- Private transportation as per group size from Rasuwa border to Kathmandu with Guide
- All other meals which are not mentioned as included in the package (budget US$10-15 per day)
- Permit Handling fees in cities of China (If Required)
- Other Entry fees which are not mentioned as included (approx. US$120)
- Personal expenses
- Additional Expenses which arise due to circumstances beyond control, such as landslides, strikes, delays, flight cancellations etc.